October 21, 2014
So, Suze at EivisSa Kind Designs, turns... 30!
Ironically, with all he hype regarding this milestone, I'm actually really excited! Yes I've had to say goodbye to my wonderful twenties but I'm embracing what lies ahead with excitement and an open-mind.
One question I've been asking myself is, "What have I learnt?" This isn't rhetorical or literally about the things I have experienced but it's about, what has been most important? This is what I thought...
These crazy people I call my family are more of a huge clan of talented but different individuals. I would do anything for them and they throughout my life have made everything worthwhile. These are the most important people I know and I am eternally and completely grateful they're my family. Without them, even on Christmas day with chaos, shouting, baby-minding, the dog going a little nuts, siblings, nieces and nephews present-comparing, all pushing each other within an inch of our sanity, I would be lost. My mother is by far my best friend, my greatest enemy and my biggest motivator. I owe her everything. I love her.
These sneaky little souls add extra life and laughter to everything! They're loyal, supportive, have and will continue to be there. I'll always be there for them too. They will laugh at me when I think I'm a pirate, drinking way too much Rum, but they will always hold you up. They have always held me up, even when times have been hard and whenever I've thought couldn't get back up! I owe them a lot...and discounts for life!
The special people who love you...just as you are!
Ladies, you know where I'm coming from! Everyone has a little Bridget Jones inside their psyche and a little Carrie Bradshaw in their wardrobe (well, we'd like to anyway)! I'm thankful for all the love and support my husband-to-be has given me, he could wash-up A LOT more though but nevertheless, I'm lucky to have everyone in my life.
Now, what have I really learnt? Well here are few of my favourite quotes. I remember these when life, work, difficult people and more enter my world...
1. Oscar Wilde - "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - I don't care where you're from but I know we are all the same; there's no one better or lesser than you or I, but how we think, what we see, what we do, that is what defines us.
2. EE Cummings - "...here is the deepest secret nobody knows, (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud, and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows, higher than soul can hope or mind can hide), and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart - i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)" - Part of one of my favourite poems. Life is too short not to Love. It doesn't matter who, tell them; your mother, sibling, friend or partner. Don't ever wait to let someone know how much you care. Be a sop.
3. Steve Jobs - “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Brings me to Jobs. You have to drown out the voices of everyone else, otherwise you'll never hear your own. That, sometimes small but brutally honest voice, which yells "CARRY ON, YOU CAN DO THIS!" or "This isn't me", learn to trust your most inner instincts, it feels like your heart is trying to tell you something that no one else wants you to find out.
4. Maya Aneglou - "“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - What a woman! There's positive thinking and the law of attraction but this worldly wonder sums up people perfectly, follow this with "When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.” and well, it may not be the first time you meet someone or even the first time you've worked with them, but as soon as you get a feeling of who they really are, trust that. Trust yourself and them for showing you, even if it's only you who feels that way.
5. The Breakfast Club - "Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself & a little less time trying to impress people.”- Simple.
So from me to you. I never want to stop learning, listening or loving. I am NOT looking forward in finding out how much the Cake or Rum has added to my bottom but I'm sure I've spent life with the right people.
Love you all,
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 25, 2017
March 20, 2017
February 27, 2017
For our monthly Newsletter including Special Offers and New Designs for both Weddings and Paper Goods